DECSLRM—Set Left and Right Margins
This control function sets the left and right margins to define the scrolling region. DECSLRM only works when vertical split screen mode (DECLRMM) is set.
Available in: VT Level 4 mode only
Default: Margins are at the left and right page borders.
is the column number for the left margin.
Default: Pl = 1.
is the column number for the right margin.
Default: Pr = 80 or 132 (depending on the page width).
Notes on DECSLRM
- The value of the left margin (Pl) must be less than the right margin (Pr).
- The maximum size of the scrolling region is the page size, based on the setting of set columns per page (DECSCPP).
- The minimum size of the scrolling region is two columns.
- The terminal only recognizes this control function if vertical split screen mode (DECLRMM) is set.
- DECSLRM moves the cursor to column 1, line 1 of the page.
- If the left and right margins are set to columns other than 1 and 80 (or 132), then the terminal cannot scroll smoothly.