DECCRA—Copy Rectangular Area
This control function copies a rectangular area of characters from one section to another in page memory. The copied text retains its character values and attributes.
Available in: VT Level 4 mode only
|Pts; Pls; Pbs; Prs; Pps;
area to be copied
|Ptd; Pld; Ppd
Pts; Pls; Pbs; Prs; Pps;
define the rectangular area to be copied (the source). A semicolon (3/11) separates parameters.
is the top-line border. Pts must be less than or equal to Pbs. Default: Pts = 1.
is the left-column border. Pls must be less than or equal to Prs. Default: Pls = 1.
is the bottom-line border. Default: Pbs = the last line of the page.
is the right-column border. Default: Prs = the last column of the page.
is the number of the page where the rectangular area is located. Default: Pps = 1.
Ptd; Pld; Ppd;
define the destination of the copied rectangular area.
is the top-line border. Default: Ptd = 1.
is the left-column border. Default: Pld = 1.
is the number of the page. Default: Ppd = 1.
Notes on DECCRA
- If Pbs is greater than Pts, or Pls is greater than Prs, the terminal ignores DECCRA.
- The coordinates of the rectangular area are affected by the setting of origin mode (DECOM).
- DECCRA is not affected by the page margins.
- The copied text takes on the line attributes of the destination area.
- If the value of Pt, Pl, Pb, or Pr exceeds the width or height of the active page, then the value is treated as the width or height of that page.
- If a page value exceeds the number of pages available in the current page arrangement, then the value is treated as the last available page number.
- If the destination area is partially off the page, then DECCRA clips the off-page data.
- DECCRA does not change the active cursor position.